Damien Bane

Dont be shy now
Marko
Site Admin

Re: Damien Bane

Post by Marko » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:53 am

good post start here, so give yourself a chance to read things in the main forums under Seis Almas and we'll keep things moving towards startup

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:34 pm

Welcome aboard Chris!

You'll have a blast with PbP. It is my favorite medium for playing when it comes to using a computer and some days it even tops face-to-face. :D :lol:

There are many mysteries in this world and the next. Open your mind for within them you will find the blend between.

SSDR

Post by SSDR » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:35 pm

Hiya!

I don't know what your character's roster of contacts looks like... but maybe yours and my character (MaterialGrrrl) know some mutual people.

She's got some mafia connections in Las Vegas, as well as a very good fixer there. (All these contacts are thru the Las Vegas conventions missions)

She's also got a childhood background in Los Angeles, which was part of the Cal Free State at the time but has subsequently been annexed into the PCC.

Alexander

Post by Alexander » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:18 pm

OOC: I've never posted in a forum before and am unsure if doing it right but gotta start somehow and see what happens.
I'm new to this medium, too. So, you're not alone there, no worries we'll figure it out.

“A lot of hacking is playing with other people, you know, getting them to do strange things.”
― Steve Wozniak

SSDR

Post by SSDR » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:59 am

I didn't know the year off the top of my head, but in looking it up I see it happened way earlier than I thought, in 2061!

My character emigrated to Neo-Tokyo in 2063 when she was 10, so it already would have been PCC territory by then. She doesn't have any remaining ties there that she considers professionally relevant, but anyone your character happens to know in LA could be family or a childhood friend of hers. Corp (especially Horizon) or media type contacts you might have could also be mutual acquaintances.

I also decided that Hippie Reenactors are a thing in California in the Sixth World, akin to modern day Civil War enthusiasts or Ren Fair types. Her parents' are involved in dressing up like 1960s hippies and spending the weekend doing reenacting 'authentic' hippie communes. If you think that's as hilarious as I do, our characters might know some mutual people through that social circle.

Edit:
I totally missed in your original post that Damien is a musician! Our characters have that at least in common. MaterialGrrrl is a formerly successful J-pop performer when she was in her tweens and teens.

SSDR

Post by SSDR » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:44 am

Since your character would have been about 20 and mine would have been about 10 when Los Angeles was annexed, I don't see much reason they would have known each other at that time, nor was she performing before living in Neo-Tokyo so the dive bar angle wouldn't work well. But as her band was Horizon-managed, it surely would have had at least one live performance in Los Angeles after making a name in Neo-Tokyo. If Kawaii-metal isn't something Damien would stay away from like hippie reenactors, his band might have been an opener, or another performer for a festival where their paths could have personally crossed.

(her band, btw, is inspired by the very real band Ladybaby. ELFCHAN is ostensibly an elf poser band, but the 2 girls pretending to be elf posers are actually elves and the big dude isn't an australian wrestler with a 'I'm a little girl' schtick but a big troll pretending to be an elf poser.)

Another angle that could work is some of her childhood friends from when the PPC took over would be of enlistable age 10 years later in the 2070s. Some of Damien's army buddies might be people who were friends with character in elementary school.

Angel

Post by Angel » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:32 pm

They could have 'hooked up' at Coachella...

Angel
1.1m tall, japanese looking female dwarf with long straight black hair and blue eyes, wearing wrap around sunglasses and either a lab coat (if in a lab) or a black greatcoat (if running about the streets).

Marko
Site Admin

Post by Marko » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:15 pm

Angel wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:32 pm They could have 'hooked up' at Coachella...
That would still be several years off between them. That decade in age still stands regardless.

Marko
Site Admin

Post by Marko » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:11 pm

The date wound up being April 16th of 2081. Still no news out of South America or Neo-Tokyo. They haven't happened yet.

But the task of working on something did come up. That mid-morning, two large vehicles did pull up to the shop in Sante Fe. They were known as 'All-Trekkers'. Custom Jobs coming out of an agency in Ecuador (one of the other still-independent nations in South America). They made the sports news last summer as they were support vehicles used by "Team Barbarian" during the Gumball 3000- Latin Lands! rally race.
Allroad_Trekker-680.jpg
As they pulled up, a couple of Proleterians got out, the crazy little mechanics-helper drones, one from each of the two larger vehicles and made their way to the shop's entrance, using their utility arm to open the door and come in to talk with 'the owner'.
proletarians.jpg
Over a small speaker, a voice (deeply latin accent, not Aztlaner Spanish)...

>Ping< "Excuse me sir, we'd like to talk with you about some work. Someone we know told us you were an excellent wheeler, bordering on a real virtuoso with ground vehicles like ourselves."
>Pong< (the second proletarian) "Yes, we would like to have you review our axle supports for our primary transports and our larger 'Paddle-Bots'. (a shared AR image pops up indicating a drone on each of the All-Trekkers that was half-mounted/half-secured to the back of the other larger vehicles). Can you do this for us please, and how soon can you get this done? We do have a schedule of our own to keep."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Angel

Post by Angel » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:28 pm

Just for clarification, is Damien Bane a human? (Guessing based on lack of any mention of race)

Angel
1.1m tall, japanese looking female dwarf with long straight black hair and blue eyes, wearing wrap around sunglasses and either a lab coat (if in a lab) or a black greatcoat (if running about the streets).

Return to “Introduce Yourself”